- That I wasn’t a slacker when it came to applying for jobs in the years 2013-2014. I deleted HUNDREDS of confirmation emails from places, confirming that they received my application. I feel like I probably didn’t pursue many of them as hardcore as I should have, but I put in a lot of effort. It’s good to know.
- That I emailed people with alarming regularity when I lived in King George. When I moved to Ohio, email became a thing of the past.
- I met some of the most awesome people ever in 2015. My Brio people meant the world to me and I have lots of emails regarding shift swaps to prove it. (I MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH MARK, ELLEN, CALEB, EMMA, ETC!)
- I actually wrote stuff. I sent it to Colin and he read it and sent me his stuff and I read it. I miss that a lot.
- Emails CAN taste like passive-aggressive. I could feel it from YEARS away.
- The Jane Austen Kappa Kappa Book Club was a HUGE part of my life. Until it wasn’t. It simply vanished from existence. Which is alarming.
- Also, my community group was ON POINT with the weekly emails. Do they still do that? I don’t get them anymore if they do.
- 2015 was the year of the gift card for birthday presents.
- I have (had?) awesome friends in Ohio who were always willing to spur me on. I have great friends here in Shanghai, but it is different. And I can’t even say how, except that I feel the love through emails.
- Mark’s story!!! OMG YES! Colin’s story! HA! ALL THE WRITING IN PROGRESS! Wait, is that…mine? Nope. Delete that shit.
- The email game upped my first two months here in Shanghai and then stopped. Like completely. Whoops.
- I am STILL receiving The Daily from Moody. MAKE IT STOP.
- Oh, look. A present from Dad. He’s so thoughtful.
- Amazon and I have an intimate relationship. I get emails from them practically daily.
- Ultimately this reminded me that I don’t suck as much as I thought I did and that I spend way too much money on books. I’m a good friend. I email people. They email me. I have good relationships. I’m not quite as lazy as I thought I was (SCORE!) and yeah…I read a lot.
I’m glad to have a clean inbox. Sigh.