Okay guys, last year Richard Armitage recorded 23 minutes worth of love poetry for Audible. It’s free. WHY HAVE I WAITED THIS LONG? Richard Armitage is, of course, the perfect narrator, but these are the perfect poems. Full of longing and love and beauty. Below is the description of them and if you don’t want a twenty minute audiobook of them, I think you’re crazy.
For anyone who’s in love – or hopes to be – what greater celebration could there be than to hear the world’s greatest love poetry read lovingly by Richard Armitage? With 15 poems by William Shakespeare, Edgar Allan Poe, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, and more, Classic Love Poems is a listening treat for Valentine’s Day – or any day.
Included in this collection are:
- “How do I love thee?” by Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “Sonnet 116” by William Shakespeare
- “Annabel Lee” by Edgar Allan Poe
- “To Be One with Each Other” by George Eliot
- “Maud” by Alfred, Lord Tennyson
- “To His Coy Mistress” by Andrew Marvell
- “Bright Star” by John Keats
- “Love’s Philosophy” by Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
- “Meeting at Night” by Robert Browning
- “The Dream” by Edna St. Vincent Millay
- “The Passionate Shepherd to His Love” by Christopher Marlowe
- “I carry your heart” by e. e. cummings
- “She Walks in Beauty” by Lord Byron
- “Give All to Love” by Ralph Waldo Emerson
I mean really. Do yourself a favor and get it. Take a half hour, lie on the floor and listen to love poems. It’ll do your heart some good. There is beauty in the world.