And consequently, some serious fangirling.
I wrote a post about the best literary adaptations of Youtube; this is part 2 of sorts. I’ve found some awesome new ones and some are coming back for more “seasons” as it were (or they better because Classic Alice left us on a cliffhanger and I will come and find them if they don’t). These are the shows I’m looking forward to in 2015.
So. He-hem. Let’s start with…
- East & West. This just started in December and is a retelling of North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. I’M FREAKING OUT. Like, a lot. So far there are only three episodes, but it’s goodand I’m thrilled that this gorgeous book is getting all the Youtube attention it deserves.
2. Elinor and Marianne Take Barton. This has been going for a while; they are on episode 15. I have watched the first episode, but stopped because it was me and Luci’s brilliant scheme to do a Youtube show on Sense and Sensibility and I was mad that someone else was doing it. But it’s actually quite good and I’m excited to give it a go.
3. From Mansfield With Love. This is Mansfield Park and I like it. Fanny Price isn’t really Fanny Price, but it would be difficult to modernize her and I like what they’ve done, making it a hotel. I am excited to meet the Crawfords, which is an episode that will be coming soon.
4. The March Family Letters. A Pemberley Digital production, which automatically makes it awesome. Or so I presume. So far, so good. I’m excited to meet Teddy and the Professor and the other interlopers in the March family life. It should be delightful.
5. In Earnest. They are on episode 33 already, but this looks truly excellent. I’m only in the teens because I keep cringing and wanting to look away for a while. Not due to the acting or writing, but the storyline has always made me cringe. I’m taking it slow. Cecily is definitely my favorite.
6. Lovely Little Losers. The end of Nothing Much To Do almost killed me. It was a beautiful show and I loved all the characters and the plot and I’m so happy that the talented (and seriously YOUNG!) cast and crew are creating another show. The Candle Wasters are crazy insane talented and great. I want to be one of them, but alas, I’m not. This show will be starting up soon. I know they had a kickstarter and made triple the amount that they expected because NMTD was so amazingly awesome. Here’s a little video of Pedro and Balthazar singing. Did I mention the awesome? I think I did.
And the three shows that will be continuing that I am literally addicted to:
Classic Alice. FINALLY Pritchard and Alice have gotten somewhere, but ALAS! The cast and crew are out of money. If you have tons of money, give some to them, they are starting their Indiegogo campaign and we can have more of our favorite couple and MORE BOOKS! Books 1-7 are completed. Happiness. If you have no idea what I’m raving about, here is the first episode…Enjoy:
Green Gables Fables. It’s Anne of Green Gables. And it makes me happy. What’s so phenomenally awesome about this show is that none of the creators have met in person. All of the ideas, scripting, directing and editing has happened via the internet. Which is crazy and amazing. Also, Gilbert, Josie, Jane, and Ruby had Youtube channels for a bit and we got to see some of their lives. Which was good. I liked it. I liked hearing what Gilbert had to say. I really enjoy this show. Here’s episode 1:
The New Adventures of Peter and Wendy. I AM SO EXCITED! THIS IS SO HAPPY! I’m so delighted that season 2 is coming soon. Can you tell?
2015 will be an excellent year for web video, I think.