I get so excited about fall. Scarves, hats, and boots, oh my! And books. Reading with a cup of tea in your warmest, coziest sweater. It’s the best. I like making reading goals that I don’t live up to, so here we go again. My aspirations and dreams for the reading future.
So first, here is my progress through my summer reading list.
Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom Stoppard. Tom Stoppard is a genius. He wrote the latest Pride and Prejudice movie and many other things. I’m excited to read this.
Dracula by Bram Stoker. I’ve started it many times. I’d really like to finish.
Wool: Omnibus by Hugh Howey. I heard about this before it was officially published. Howey self-published first and got picked up later. I’m really interested to read his masterpiece.
Lost Lake by Sarah Addison Allen. I’m 1/3 of the through this and I fully intend to finish this before the end of the summer.
Waking Kate by Sarah Addison Allen. It’s the short story before the book above. Sort of like a longer prologue.
Notes from a Blue Bike: The Art of Living Intentionally in a World in a Chaotic World by Tsh Oxenreider. It’s great so far. I’m excited to read it.
I read six out of sixteen books. So here is my fall list.
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo. I have officially started this and would like to get a few chapters into it this season.
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Henry Ford. For real. I need to read this.
- Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell. Molly Gibson is my favorite. I need to finish this.
- Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry. I’ve had the audiobook forever. I need to finish listening to it.
- Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. It’s a classic and I’d love to read it before I watch the movie. And I really want to watch the movie.
- The Everlasting Man by G. K. Chesterton. Love it so far. I want to finish it so much.
- Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery. Autumn is the perfect season to re-read this series and express my love for it.
- Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman. Gorgeous poetry. *happy humming ensues*
And that’s it. I also wish to write reviews for all the books I read, but we know how awesome I am at that. Happy Autumn, everyone!