I like writing “haul” posts. It was fun last time so I decided to write another one. These are all the books I acquired over the month of April.
- Dreams Made Flesh by Anne Bishop. I got this on the 1st of April because I needed to know how things turned out between Daemon and Jaenelle. It’s a book of short stories concerning the Black Jewels universe, but I’ve only read the last story, which is the conclusion to their love story. So…yeah.
- Kushiel’s Dart by Jacqueline Carey. So this book is a fascinating story about Phedre, a consort in this universe. I haven’t finished it yet primarily because there is SO MUCH sex. Like too much. I couldn’t keep reading. The rest of the book was super interesting though.
- Dark Witch: Book One of The Cousins O’Dwyer Trilogy and Shadow Spell: Book Two of The Cousins O’Dwyer Trilogy by Nora Roberts. This was painfully predictable. The story is about Iona, an American lass who impetuously moves to Ireland to learn about her witchy roots. She discovers that she is one of three Dark Witches who must defeat a great evil. She meets Boyle, an Irish cowboy, and then…well, you can guess the rest, right? In the second book Connor meets his forever match too. It’s all incredibly…dull. I do want to finish the series primarily due to the extreme angst between Branna and Fin. They are in love but there’s so much drama that they aren’t together. I want to know why.
- Circle of Magic Book #1 and Circle of Magic Book #2 by Tamora Pierce. I started re-reading some books from my childhood and these were the two I bought of the series. The library didn’t have them.
- How to Read Novels Like a Professor by Thomas C. Foster. I had How to Read Literature Like a Professor, but I started reading this book when I was subbing one day and decided I needed it. It’s pretty good so far. I like it.
- I also got the movie Alice, which is a personal favorite of mine. I love Amazon so much.
And that’s everything! I’ll have a few for the month of May and I’m fairly excited about it. Have a lovely day!