So last time I did this I set super specific goals and had a set list:
- Heroes and Monsters by Josh Riebock
- Finishing Unseduced and Unshaken by Rosalie deRosset
- Finishing Jane’s Fame: How Jane Austen Conquered the Worldby Claire Harman
- Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes
Finishing The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien The End of the Affair by Graham Greene
- Bartleby the Scrivener by Herman Melville
Finishing Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready The Ranger’s Apprentice: The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan
- The Frog Princess by E. D. Baker
I’m showing you this list because I want you to note how I failed. I ended up reading Bartleby only recently. And I still haven’t finished any of those non-fiction books. So this time I’m just gonna say, I’d like to read as many books as humanly possible and try and finish at least TWO of the ones on my summer reading list, which is:
- Under the Tuscan Sun: I am partially through this book. I will finish it! I am determined.
Cold Tangerines: Same goes. I’ve been trying to get through this for a while. I really want to finish it this summer. A Moveable Feast: I’ve wanted to read this for a while. Open Books brings new ideas into my life and this was one of them.
- Bird by Bird: Ann Lamott’s book has sat unread too long. I’ve heard wonderful things.
- How to Read Like a Professor: Do I really need to say why I want to read this?
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking: I have my copy now and have heard marvelous reviews!
- 1776: I’m gonna finish. I know I am.
Daddy Long Legs and Dear Enemy: I really do want to finish this one, the first half was so cute!
- Anna Karenina: I’m really enjoying this! I didn’t think I would. But this is another that I want to finish now.
- The Casual Vacancy: Another “to finish” book.
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry Bartleby the Scrivener
- Toad of Toad Hall: It’s a play that I know I’m going to love, so I must read it.
- Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet: I kept it from my Chicago days, so I really should get around to reading it.
Ideally, I’d like to finish Quiet because I’m really enjoying it and need to send it off to the next person soon. Also, Pride and Prejudice will be read at some point of time this week. And Ilona Andrews new book as well. So that’s four total. Yay!
And those are my goals. TA-DA! I won’t be participating in any Twitter funness because of my forced perversion to technology this week. The only time you interweb people will here from me will be when I post on this blog every morning. But it should be fun. 😀
I would also, IDEALLY, like to post reviews of the books I finish. But we all know how consistent I am about that…HAHAHAHA.