At the beginning of this year I wrote a list of 24 book that I wanted to read; 12 fiction, 12 non-fiction. Six months have passed and I’ve succeeded in reading two of those, both fiction. So here is a revised list of books. I have downsized on both fiction and nonfiction, because I hope to get all of them done this summer. I’ve kept the ones already finished in the list.
- Under the Tuscan Sun: I am partially through this book. I will finish it! I am determined.
Cold Tangerines: Same goes. I’ve been trying to get through this for a while. I really want to finish it this summer. A Moveable Feast: I’ve wanted to read this for a while. Open Books brings new ideas into my life and this was one of them. Bird by Bird: Ann Lamott’s book has sat unread too long. I’ve heard wonderful things.
- How to Read Like a Professor: Do I really need to say why I want to read this?
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking: I have my copy now and have heard marvelous reviews!
- 1776: I’m gonna finish. I know I am.
Daddy Long Legs and Dear Enemy: I really do want to finish this one, the first half was so cute!
- Anna Karenina: I’m really enjoying this! I didn’t think I would. But this is another that I want to finish now.
- The Casual Vacancy: Another “to finish” book.
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry Bartleby the Scrivener
- Toad of Toad Hall: It’s a play that I know I’m going to love, so I must read it.
- Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet: I kept it from my Chicago days, so I really should get around to reading it.
Eleven books to read, most of them, I’m simply finishing, but I’ll be happy to have more on my “read” list.